PickNaz Church is a group of Christ-followers who are committed to living and loving like Jesus. This simple, but meaningful focus is the lens through which we seek to live our lives as individuals and families, as well as how we seek to function as a Church.
We are part of the Church of the Nazarene, a global denomination with members on every continent. Our history is rooted in Wesleyan-Arminian theology and born of the Holiness movement. We believe in a life completely dependent upon the work of God, the Father, Jesus, the Son, and the Holy Spirit in each of our lives to live a full and holy life. For more information on the Church of the Nazarene, you can visit the church website here.
- We believe in one God-the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in Jesus, fully God and fully man at the same time, who became like us to show us who God is and how much He loves us.
- We believe in the Holy Spirit, who is active in the world, leading all men and women towards God.
- We believe that the Bible is the Word of God, giving us all we need to know about how to become disciples of Jesus, and live in obedience.
- We believe that we are all sinners by both nature and deed and can only be forgiven and cleansed by the grace of God.
- We believe that Jesus died on the cross, was buried for three days, and rose again conquering death. By trusting in His promises, we can be restored to a right relationship with God, which leads to eternal life.
- We believe that God has enabled us to turn to Him from sin, but that we have the free-will to do so.
- We believe that when we turn from sin and trust in Jesus, the old record of sin is wiped clean, and we are born anew, becoming part of the family of God.
- We believe that after being born anew, the power of the Holy Spirt can be unleashed in our hearts. Upon choosing a complete commitment to follow and obey Him, He fills us with His perfect love, which gives us the ability to please Him, to love others, and to live victoriously. It is at this moment, that we believe the fruit of the Spirit will become evident to both those who have and have not been born anew in the life of the believer.
- We believe that our Lord will return, the dead will be raised, and the final judgement will take place. We believe that all the members of God’s family will live with Him forever.